Pencil Barrel Specs:
- 16" .5.56 NATO Chamber (also shoots 2.23) Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Extremely Durable Black Nitride Finish
- Mid Weight "SOCOM" Contour, Weighs 1 lb. 14 oz.
- 1 in 9 Inch Twist for shooting 55 grain .223 ammo very accurately
- Mid-Length Gas System w/ .750" Gas Block Diameter
This barrel is made from 4150 chrome moly vanadium steel, which is a higher grade than the standard steel used on most barrels in this price range . (chrome moly is NOT chrome moly vanadium!) The high grade of steel combined with a durable nitride finish ensures years of durability. It is chambered in 5.56 NATO, also shoots .223, and is extremely accurate.
The Checkmate Rifle 5.56 Nato Mid weight socom barrel for your AR-15 weighs one pound and 14 ounces. Reduce felt recoil with the mid-length gas system and added weight over an M4 contour barrel. Our barrel shop only uses premium US-sourced barrel blanks machined from domestic 4150 chrome moly vanadium steel to ensure the utmost accuracy, and combined with the nitride finish ensure long-lasting durability not typically found in the commercial market.
Engraved by the muzzle with "5.56 Nato 1:9 Checkmate" or "5.56 Nato 1:9 USA"