Pencil Barrel Specs:
- 16" .5.56 NATO Chamber (also shoots 2.23) Machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Extremely Durable Black Nitride Finish
- Light Weight "Pencil" Contour, Weighs only 1 lb. 7 oz.
- 1 in 9 Inch Twist for shooting the cheap 55 grain .223 very accurately
- Standard Carbine-Length System w/ .625" BLOCK DIAMETER
This barrel is made from 4150 chrome moly vanadium steel, which is a higher grade than the standard steel used on most barrels in this price range . (chrome moly is NOT chrome moly vanadium!) The high grade of steel combined with a durable nitride finish ensures years of durability. It is chambered in 5.56 NATO, also shoots .223, and is extremely accurate.
The Checkmate Rifle 5.56 Nato light weight pencil barrel for your AR-15 weighs only one pound and 7 ounces. Lighten up your AR15 without breaking the bank or start with this light weight pencil barrel as the key component in your purpose built featherweight rifle. Our barrel shop only uses premium US-sourced barrel blanks machined from domestic 4150 chrome moly vanadium steel to ensure the utmost accuracy, and combined with the nitride finish ensure long-lasting durability not typically found in the commercial market.
Engraved by the muzzle with "5.56 Nato 1:9 Checkmate" or "5.56 Nato 1:9 USA"
IMPORTANT NOTE: As is standard with Pencil Barrels, this item uses a .625 Diameter GB. You can add one to your purchase for $20.